- 1 small octopus, cleaned, (about 3 pounds)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 large onion, roughly, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, washed, and, sliced
- 2 celery, stalks, chopped
- 2 bay leaf
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, stems, whole
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, preferably, Greek
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly cracked black pepper
- salt, to taste
- In a large pot, combine all octopus ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until octopus is tender.
- Remove octopus from liquid and cut to separate tentacles.
- Add octopus pieces to the large bowl with the marinade.
- Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Grill octopus for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn to brown evenly.
- In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients.
- See octopus for further instructions
All images and original content Copyright © 2003 - 2018 Joe Kennedy