Warm Wild Rice and Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 firm plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 small zucchini, sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 medium red or yellow peppers, cut in 1" squares
- 1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 c. warm cooked wild rice
- 1/2 c. chopped prosciutto ham or other mild ham
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients; set aside.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a 15" x 10" jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper and rosemary.
- Drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat.
- Spread in single layer in pan.
- Roast 15-20 minutes, or until crisp-tender and lightly browned.
- In large bowl, toss roasted vegetables with wild rice, ham and vinaigrette.
- Arrange on cooking platter lined with letuce.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
4 main dish or 6 side dish servings.
All images and original content Copyright © 2003 - 2020Joe Kennedy