Basic Indian Curry
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 large yellow onion, chopped
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
* 2 serrano peppers, finely chopped
* 5 teaspoons curry powder
* 1 (14.25 ounce) can tomato puree
* 1 tablespoon ketchup
* 8 ounces paneer, cubed
* 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
* 1 (16 ounce) package cauliflower
* whipping cream or half-and-half to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute onions until lightly browned. Stir in garlic and ginger, and continue cooking for 1 minute more. Turn heat to low, add serrano peppers, and cook for an additional minute. Sprinkle in the chili powder, cumin, coriander, garam masala, and turmeric; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Pour in tomato puree and ketchup; thin with water to desired consistency. Stir in the paneer and peas; cook to soften peas, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cream, and increase heat to medium-high. Allow the curry to come to a rolling boil, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
All images and original content Copyright © 2003 - 2017 Joe Kennedy