- 8 large potatoes, peeled, cut into large wedges (about 6-7 wedges per potato)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (more garlic is a good thing, less garlic is a no-no for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (get the Mediterranean, it's the best!)
- 1 lemons, juice of, to 1 1/2
- sea salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 420°F
- Put all the ingredients into a baking pan large enough to hold them.
- Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- The garlic will drop into the water/oil solution but its flavour will permeate the potatoes, and this way, it won't burn.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- When a nice golden-brown crust has formed on the potatoes, give them a stir to bring the white underside up, season lightly with a bit more sea salt and pepper and just a light sprinkling of oregano.
- Add 1/2 cup more water if pan appears to be getting dry, and pop back into oven to brown other side of potatoes.
- This will take about another 40 minutes.
All images and original content Copyright © 2003 - 2017 Joe Kennedy